- Utilities - Billing
Utilities - Billing
**Due to software updates all users on our Citizen Self Service website must reregister. You will see a new login page like the example below.**
Here is a quick video on how to sign up:
Whether you are a new user or a returning user, you must click Sign Up at the bottom of the screen. Click Here to login.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and to help stop the spread, The City of Boulder City has created a new online extension form for households who are behind on their utility bills and may need a little extra time to make a payment. Those who have tested positive or have been exposed to the virus may use the online form to help mitigate the spread of the virus.
Once you click on the link, the form must be downloaded and opened with Adobe or a similar program in order to sign and submit the form.
1. Submitting an online extension form does not guarantee a hold will be placed on the account. Your extension form submittal must be returned to you and signed by a utility billing employee to be valid.
2. Your account must qualify to receive an extension. If you have failed to make payment on a previous extension, or your landlord does not allow extensions on their property, your request will be denied.
3. Online extensions can only be for 6 (six) calendar days beyond the shut off date. Any longer extensions will need to be discussed with utility billing staff.
Boulder City provides its residents with utility services, including electric, water, sewer and refuse collection. All of these services are billed to the residents by the Utility Billing Office. The Utility Billing Office has helpful and important information relating to residential and commercial electric, water and sewer rates, refuse rates, recycling and utility billing payment policies.
To start/stop service please call the Utility Billing office at 702-293-9244 Opt 2
- We will need at least one working days notice to start or stop service. Same day service is a $50 fee.
- To start service we will need a copy of your rental/lease agreement that shows the correct address, occupants on the lease, and signatures from the landlord or property manager.
- A deposit is required before service can be established. Minimum deposits are $100 for home owners, and $125 for renters. Deposits will be calculated as 1.5 times the average monthly bill for the property. A deposit can be waived with a letter of credit from your previous utility showing at least 12 months consecutive service with no late payments.
- A $25 new account setup fee will be billed on your first bill.
New online quick pay is now available! No login required. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and E-check. Pay online or sign up for the Automatic Payment Plan and your payment will be withdrawn from your account automatically on the due date.
Payment Drop Box Location!
- The City has installed a drive up payment box at the corner of Boulder City Pkwy and Yucca. It is located at the same location as Boulder Dam Credit Union's ATM site. The box will be checked daily at 3 PM, any payments left after 3 will be collected the next business day.
Energy Saving Tips
During peak months, energy bills can soar. The staff at Boulder City is always looking at ways to help residents save on their utility bills. Here are a few ways to save energy and save money:
· Turn off lights and appliances when not in use.
· Close doors to rooms that are not being used.
· In the cold months, set the thermostat to 68 degrees when home, and then back to 58 degrees when sleeping or when you are not home more than four hours.
· In warm months, set the thermostat to 78-80 degrees when home and 5 to 10 degrees warmer at night or when you're not home.
· Keep air conditioning on during the hot months, even when you're not home. Your house will store up the heat and you're likely to make the air conditioning run for
hours to feel comfortable.
· In the winter, open window coverings on the sunny side of your home to take advantage of "free heat from the sun." Close the coverings on cloudy days or right after the sun sets.
· Set your water heater to 120 degrees.
· Run full loads in your washer and dryer, and use "solar drying" (clotheslines).
· Use energy saver option on your dishwasher, allowing dishes to air dry.
· Use energy-efficient lights and lighting fixtures, and keep them clean.
Utility Billing Division
Email the Department
401 California Avenue
Boulder City, NV 89005
Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tue Mar. 28
Tue Apr. 11
Wed Apr. 19