Councilwoman Sherri Jorgensen
I have lived in Boulder City for over 20 years and been blessed to raise my family here. With my last child graduating from High School, I am now in a place where I can dedicate more time to serving the city that has so faithfully served me. I want to be the person that represents all the citizens of Boulder City. I do not come with any preconceived agenda but rather a listening ear ready to hear my community. I believe being a city council member provides a unique opportunity to listen to the citizens that live in Boulder City and then make decisions based on that input. My parents have retired here, I have raised my children here, and I plan on staying here. I love that Boulder City is filled with history and charm. I love that we have a growth ordinance and no gambling. I love that we support each other. There is so much that is unique and good about this city, and I plan on working hard to keep it that way.
Here are a few things to help you know me better:
● Born in Cedar City, UT
● Moved to Henderson, NV at 1 year of age
● Raised in Southern NV and educated in Clark County School District
● Met and married Mark in 1988-1989 (His first job out of college was in Boulder City NV flying Grand Canyon tours – we met in Boulder City at the Pizza Hut where I had worked on and off for 3 years)
● We moved to Boulder City in 1997 after the birth of our 3 rd daughter
● My children have enjoyed a wide variety of experience provided by this amazing city: programs through the park and rec, dancing at Dance Etc., job opportunities, and many wonderful experiences at BCHS ( Sports, choir, robotics, and much more)
● Basic High School, 1985
● Bachelors in Education, Southern University of Utah 1986-1989
**served as an Education Senator for the University
● I attended and graduated from Nevada Partners in Policy Making through University
of Nevada Reno in 1999
● 2nd Grade Teacher, Yuma, AZ
● 2nd Grade Teach at C.T. Sewell Elementary School, Henderson, NV 1991-1995
● I served on the State Committee for determining services for individuals with developmental delays birth through 3 (Early Intervention).
● I served on the board for the Down Syndrome Organization of Southern NV. I was elected by the board to be the Treasurer.
● I served on numerous committees for the schools of Boulder City as all 4 of my children attended them. Some of these include the Learning Improvement Team, Parent Advisory Committee president for 3 years, the committee to help design Boulder City High School, and the Boulder City High School – School Organizational team.
● I have served the past 3 years on the Allotment Committee for the city.
● I’m currently a board member of our homeowners association.
● I love to volunteer at Meals on Wheels and help the community I love.