Community Volunteer Opportunities
Emergency Aid of Boulder City
This nonprofit organization is staffed by volunteers and provides emergency food and financial assistance to Boulder City residents and stranded travelers.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND DESCRIPTION/SKILLS:
- Food Pantry: Sorting food. Restocking shelves and refrigerators/freezers. Unloading donations from cars. Carrying groceries to cars. Sweep, wash, organize and maintain tidy pantry. It may be necessary to be outside for short time in all weather. May be asked to help pick up food from donors and bring it to the pantry.
- Intake Office: Interview clients to determine assistance if appropriate. Complete paperwork and enter data into computer. Organization, Interview and Personal skills necessary. Must be able to say “No” as well as “Yes.” Training is provided.
- Office Support: Filing, Copying, Organizing, Shredding, Collating, Newsletter, Etc.
- Miscellaneous: Assist with seasonal or short-term projects.
Please fill out this form and drop off at the food pantry in rear of building through the gravel courtyard. Enter through alley. The EABC is located at 600 Nevada Way, Boulder City, NV 89005. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-293-0332.
The Senior Center of Boulder City
The Senior Center of Boulder City exists to enrich the lives of adults 50 years of age and older in Boulder City by providing Recreation, Nutrition/Food Service, Health Maintenance, Entertainment, and other services.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND DESCRIPTION/SKILLS:
- Reception Desk: Answering phones and taking messages.
- Lunch Desk: Greeting Seniors and help them sign in and helping them with change if needed.
- Dining Room: Helping out bringing food and drinks to tables and help with the cleaning and wiping down of tables.
- Kitchen: Helping out with chopping and dicing food and help with cleaning and day to day duties. Must have a valid Health Card.
- Activities: Calling out bingo numbers.
- Meals on Wheels: Drivers needed for meals on wheels driving food to seniors at their home.
St. Jude's Ranch for Children
For 50 years, St. Jude’s Ranch has provided a safe, nurturing home to thousands of abused and neglected children in Nevada.
At St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, there are many volunteer opportunities for groups, individuals, families including children, elders, church congregations etc. Volunteers can come once a year, once a week or anytime.
- Light Landscaping
- Campus Beautification
- Sorting of Mail and Donations
- Thrift Store
- Chapel Cleaning
- Holiday Decorating and more
St. Jude's Ranch is located at 200 Wilson Circle, Boulder City, NV 89005. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Boulder City Hospital Foundation
The Boulder City Hospital Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1995, whose purpose is to raise funds for capital equipment and improvements to the non-profit Boulder City Hospital through fund development and special events.
Volunteer Positions for Special Events:
Art in the Park, held the first full weekend in October:
- Artist Check-In
- Raffle Ticket Sales Booth
- T-Shirt Sales Booth
- Beer/Wine Booth (must be 21)
- Clean Up and Tear Down
Heart of the Community Gala, held in May:
- Auction Solicitation
- Auction Set Up Pre-Event
- Auction Tear Down Post-Event
- Guest Registration
For more information, please contact Wendy Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lend A Hand of Boulder City
Lend A Hand is a local non-profit organization of volunteers and staff committed to helping the seniors and disabled residents of Boulder City remain independent in their homes.
- Transportation Volunteer: Transport senior and/or disabled Boulder City residents. Mileage is reimbursed monthly at .52 cents per mile.
- In-Home Volunteer: Assist clients with in home tasks so that they can remain independent in their own home. For a complete list, please click here .
Potential volunteers will be required to fill out a volunteer application, provide two references, complete finger printing and a background check (at organizations cost), and attend a volunteer class at the Lend A Hand office located at 400 Utah St., Boulder City, NV 89005. For more information, contact 702-294-2363.
Nevada Department of Veterans Services
Southern Nevada State Veterans Home
NDVS volunteers are highly respected and appreciated for their contribution to serving Nevada’s Heroes. Volunteer opportunities include special events, local outings and scheduled functions. For a complete list, please click here.
The requirements to become a volunteer at the Veterans Home:
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Flu Shot
- Take an annual TB test (provided by the home)
- Wear a mask inside of the home and while in close proximity to residents and staff
- Background check completed
Please fill out this form and return to the Southern Nevada State Veterans Home located at 100 Veterans Memorial Dr., Boulder City, NV 89005. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 702-332-6741.
Boulder City Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber focuses on attracting visitors to Boulder City and encouraging them to patronize the businesses, services, and attractions offered by our Members.
There are volunteer positions in the office as well as positions at each and every amazing chamber event that is held throughout the year.
Lakeview Terrace Senior Living
Lakeview Terrace of Boulder city is a close, intimate assisted living & memory care community.
Volunteer to assist with activities such as calling Bingo, playing a game with residents, or teaching a class. They are open to ideas as well.
For more information, please contact the Activity Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-293-0181. Lakeview Terrace is located at 180 Ville Dr, Boulder City, NV 89005.